"Are they not all ministering spirits sent to serve, for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?" (Heb 1:14)
Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels
What is the Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels?
The Confraternity of the Guardian Angels is a public association of the faithful in the Opus Sanctorum Angelorum (OA or Work of the Holy Angels), recognized by the Church, whose members want to honor and imitate in a special way their Guardian Angels and all the holy angels.
The Confraternity of the Guardian Angels in Opus Sanctorum Angelorum was originally erected in Innsbruck, Austria, by Bishop Dr. Paulus Rusch with a decree of April 20, 1961. The Confraternity was then erected in several other countries. It was also erected in 2006 in the United States and stands under the direction of the Order of Canons Regular of the Holy Cross.
Objectives of the Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels
• Members are personally devoted to the Guardian Angel and promote this devotion.
•They strive towards Christian perfection with the help of the holy angels.
•They respond to the common vocation of all Christians to the apostolate in union with the holy angels for the edification of the Kingdom of GOD.
•They promote vocations in the Church.
Spirituality of the Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels
The spirituality of the Confraternity of the Guardian Angel is orientated according to the following spiritual principles:
The love for prayer and for Eucharistic Adoration is a powerful means of spiritual growth. The holy angels teach us how to adore God as they "constantly behold the face of My Father in heaven" (Mt. 18:10).
The Contemplation of the word and the salvific works of God helps us to know God more and more, and to recognize and fulfill His will in our daily lives.
The imitation of Christ in the spirit of Expiation, especially the readiness to sacrifice for priests and consecrated souls, is strengthened by a life lived in union with the holy angels.
The collaboration in the apostolic Mission of the Church, effective help of neighbor through corporal and spiritual works of mercy, is a fruit of conscious collaboration with the holy angels.
Apostolate of the Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels
Members promote the Work of the Holy Angels (OA) through a living devotion to the Guardian Angel.
Through courageous confession of faith in word and deed, members defend the truths and values of the Gospel in the family, work place and society
Members grow in the love of God and neighbor through spiritual reading, days of recollection and retreats.
Members support priestly and religious vocations through prayer and sacrifice, as well as by contributing towards the formation and sustenance of priests and religious.
The Seven Most Important Tasks of the Members
• They strive to live like their Angels in the constant presence of GOD;
• they practice active works of charity in imitation of the Guardian Angels;
• they want to be like their Angels servants of Mary, the Queen of Heaven;
• they renew daily the covenant with the holy Angels;
• they revive and foster the custom of the Angelus Domini in their surroundings;
• they draw their strength from the Cross and, if possible, from the daily Sacrificial Banquet at the altar. They observe the weekly Passio Domini by watching with Our Lord on the Mount of Olives and uniting themselves with His Suffering on the Cross. They make an effort to set aside one hour, if possible, for this purpose on Thursday evenings and Friday afternoons.
The texts of the Circular Letters are copyrighted and may not be reproduced without written permission ©2016 • Opus Angelorum, Inc.